Monday, December 25, 2017

Summary of 2017

2017 ending in less than 1 week and i cant be faster believe that time passes by so fast.
Personally i feel that the older you get , your time passes by faster.
Again every year i will reflect back what happen this whole year and what i am so thankful for .

The most prominent event that happen to me is in my career .
In Aug this year i changed my job role and company. I was always a process engineer for 10 years of my career and i decided for a career switch . I think Kulim plant announcement in Osram makes me think deeper of what i want to do in my life . I always enjoy process engineering but i always wanted to try project management.
So ngam i Motorola Solutions got an opening and i applied and got the job.
Is nearly 5 months plus and i wouldn't say i enjoy the new job or role but i want to give myself more time before i make judgement.
For now i only say that  this job is challenging and the company culture is very different from Osram.


Another thing that happen this year is we move from an apartment 700sqfs to a double storey house .
Reason that trigger the move is because of our little gal need more space to grow.
We wanted her to have more space to play around .


Finally in end of July , Mummy , daddy and I make a trip to Europe for a short 2 weeks tour . So checklist tick for Mummy . I am so happy i able to have this opportunity to fulfill my mummy and daddy's dream. They have this talk for years on traveling to Europe but never had a chance to do that.
Our 2 weeks tour covered from Prague , Munich , Salzburg , Venice , Florence.

My most memorable part of the trip.

On Marcus Chess Academy , we just celebrated our 1st year anniversary yesterday.
Ordered some simple foods (dominos , bee hoon , sausages , jelly , cakes) for the simple celebration .
This year we started to grow slowly .One of our coach quit but we gain another coach .
We hosted a few chess camps and one tournament. Grow is slowly , we have few students quit but few more news one.

I am very thankful for everything that happen this year. A lot of new opportunities and experience that hopefully makes me a better person.
I am also very thankful to God that my family members are healthy .





So what's the plan for next year ??? 
1. Marcus Chess Academy + shop - to grow this academy with marcus ....our new focus group is to beginners . Hopefully we can bring new coach in as well.

2.Grow portfolio for Makeup artist Jenny Chua .
- I will be graduating after studying part time for more than 1 year plus in the academy.
The new group of classmates is a blessing in disguise and i enjoy their company so so much .
Hopefully growing this hobby of mine into a part time career is something that i wish i can do this year and many years ahead

3.Travel - this year will be going to Lombok in May and finger cross , hopefully Tokyo in Dec/Jan 19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to Know me !!!

14 July 2015 - age 31 , weights 37kg and height of 149cm Loves to eat delicious foods and enjoy reading . Owes 3 female betta fishes , 2 buggies , 1 maltese . You can reach me at : cyongyong@hotmail.com