Friday, January 9, 2015

My 2014 Holy Grail Beauty Product -


Advise from lots of beauty gurus - start taking care of your skin when your young . 
Throughout this year , as normal i tried many many different product , especially Korean skin care . 
from Hera , Sulhwasoo , History of Whoo ...mostly mid to high range skin care . The disappointing part is, that non of them suits my skin at all . Most of them are just too oily or heavy on my skin . 
After screening so many different range of skin care , these below are those that suits me : 

1. Cleanser- Cetaphil 
Started to use this maybe 5-6 years ago when i start having sensitives skin due to usage of whitening/bleaching product . One of the beauty salon recommend this to me . I find them pretty mild similar to dermalogica ultra calming cleanser but at half of the cost. I also read somewhere that one shouldnt spurge on cleanser as they only stay on your skin for less than 1 mins. 


2. Shu Uemura - Yellow bottle cleansing oil - for make up removal 


 Next are my day time skincare routine , start from left to right.

Missha time revolution - RM150 - brought this from Korea last Aug .Lately there is the hype of the pre-toning step skin care such as first care serum ( sulhwasoo ) or MICRO ESSENCE ( estee lauder)  , 
According to website , this is similar to SK2 however is half of the price . It really seems to moisturize my skin and makes it glow even more and it doesn't breaks me up like SK2.

KOSE -kose sekkisei lotion - one of the best toner that i tried out . I try this previously in 2012 and after i finish using my estee lauder Radiant Vitality Energy Lotion , i went back to this one. 

Estee Lauder - Advance night repair - Best serum ever !!! - RM350 /50mL .
Was using this since 4 years ago . This is the main factor that contribute to my glowing skin .
I tried stopping this product and my skin went dull immediately. 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream - Very moisturizing and fragrance free -RM105/50mL

Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 - the onlysunblock which are not oily and fragrance free - brought the large size , 60mL for RM180 from Incheon Airport.



Below is my night routine , all the same except for the kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate - this is a night facial oil - only use for night . If you use in the day especially with malaysia weather , you prob look like roti canai !!
30mL - RM220 , recommended - 2 drops per usage .
30mL can last you for maybe 2 years .



I am no makeup guru and dont think have the qualification to recommend anything since i dont even bother to use make up . Talking about makeup- i realize that last year i did not wear any full set of make up last whole year since i unable to attend most of my friends wedding. Damm wasted !!
I tried to avoid wearing them , as i just too lazy to remove them.

Below are the few items that i love to use ,

1. Benetint from benefit - give my skin a healthy glow
2. Urban decay - eye shadow primer - min smearing
3. Dolly Wink liquid eye linear

Some of the masks that i loves to use ...

Lastly , sulwhasoo first care activating serum - so freaking expensive .RM250 /60ml .
Since it doesn't like my skin tht much , ended up i use it as a eye serum . Damm wasted.


Some valuable advice that i learn over the years :
1. Always wear sunscreen even at home - you never know when will you get expose to the sun
2. Protect yourself from the sun -All the time - Wish i knew that when i was younger - i prob able to avoid some pigmentation on my cheeks
3. Start using eye cream/serum and NEVER STOP !! i stop mine for 1 month and additional 1 line added to my eyes
4. Invest in quality skin care - your skin will thank you in the future
5. Go for Facial at least once a month


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to Know me !!!

14 July 2015 - age 31 , weights 37kg and height of 149cm Loves to eat delicious foods and enjoy reading . Owes 3 female betta fishes , 2 buggies , 1 maltese . You can reach me at : cyongyong@hotmail.com