Thursday, April 10, 2014

Recipe : Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts, Pork Ribs and Red Dates

Since I am married to a canto guy - along the years together - as some people say , spouses than to turn into each other and I totally agree with this statement.

Somehow after married to Marcus , I starting to like Chinese food more and I also started to learn how to cook more CINA dishes ...

Last weekend , I got the mood to cook ....thanks to Osram  :P

This dish is : Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts, Pork Ribs and Red Dates

The recipe is as below taken from psilovetocook
What i change in the recipe is , i  added in few dried scallops and i did not remove the peanut skin.

  • 500 grams of Lotus Root, cleaned, peeled and sliced.
  • 200 grams of Pork Ribs, scalded
  • 1 1/2 cups of Chinese dried Red Dates (approximately 8 red dates).
  • 60 grams of dried Peanuts (they come with skin on)
  • 4 cups or 1 liter of water
  • 1 teaspoon of salt for seasoning
Steps:
  1. This step is optional, if you like your soup to have clear broth, as we are going to remove the peanut’s skin. Roughly remove the peanuts skin by rubbing it hard against each other. You can scoop a handful and rub your palm (holding the nuts) against each other and the skins will start to shed. Do this over a big bowl/container. Once you are done, take this to outside your home and toss the nuts into the air (not too high!) so that the skins will fly into the air (and land somewhere else.
  2. Clean the pork ribs and scald in boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the water and keep the ribs aside.
  3. Heat up a soup pot over high heat. When boiling, submerge the pork ribs and the rest of the ingredients.
  4. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer the soup over low heat for 1 hour. Adjust the seasoning as required.
My second dish is : Steam fish Thai Style 
I know the fish looks funny - cos i told the pasar guy to de-head the fish . This fish cost me RM15 . I got no idea what fish species is this but is slighly redish black. 

Recipe is taken from : EzyThai Cooking
 Somehow I amazed myself - this fish dish taste superb ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get to Know me !!!

14 July 2015 - age 31 , weights 37kg and height of 149cm Loves to eat delicious foods and enjoy reading . Owes 3 female betta fishes , 2 buggies , 1 maltese . You can reach me at : cyongyong@hotmail.com